The Organ was built in 1860 by Father Willis and is placed high over the Tower arch, speaking into the Nave. It has been restored at various times, though the last major work was done in 1970. It now needs rebuilding to make its mechanism more accessible for routine maintenance and to bring its sound back to that intended by its original builder.
An appeal has been raised to raise the funds to do this work.
The specification of the organ is available; for details please download the St Peter's Organ Campaign leaflet.